Thursday 14 August 2014

WOOD INLAID PELICAN - POST XI

Weathers got cold and overcast again, another good day for the shed. Yesterday I finished up with starting the hinges. Today I hope to complete the hinges.



I begin by putting masking tape at the back of the box, where the hinges are to go, measure and mark where they will sit. 




Apply masking tape to the back of the hinge.


Apply super glue to the masking tape.


Square up the hinge and hold in place until the super glue is set.



Affix the second hinge in place.


Using a scalpel score around the hinge.


Remove the hinge and tape leaving a clearly defined area.


Again using the scalpel, I cut around the area for the hinge.



Then using a small chisel, remove the wast until nearly to the correct depth, you can use the chisel to complete this if you wish or


using my trusty, Dremel clean out the bottom.


Glue the hinges into position, ensuring that no glue gets on the moving parts. Allow the glue to set. 


Thanks for visiting my blog.

 You can email me at holmesp06@gmail.com



No comments: