Friday 8 August 2014

WOOD INLAID PELICAN - POST V


Not much time to spend in the shed today. Sometime we just have to do the real things in life I guess.




 I have completed the first end of the box, and now I'm doing the opposite end, again in the hope that I can conceal the corner joints.



When the second end is glued down with the hot iron, I trim the edges as before.


Then repeat the process for the front and back of the box.






Had to try the top to see what it will look like.




You can see what a recycler I am, I even glue small pieces of MDF together rather than throw them in the bin (maybe I'm just an old miser). 



Glue the lid into position.


Now waiting for the glue to dry, 




After much sanding and a quick coat of oil, now waiting for the oil to dry.

I am thinking of how, I can do some banding for the edges, see how I go tomorrow. 

No comments: