Saturday 2 August 2014

CELTIC SHARK, INLAID WOOD BOX POST IX

INSIDE THE BOX:

Another one of those beautiful days in paradise, not a cloud in the sky, kids out in the park playing football. and all is well at the homestead.


I drew up the design for inside the box lid last night, I like it better then the rose I was thinking of doing, only because the Celtic butterfly suits the rest of the box design better.


I cutout the pattern, and glued it to the veneer for inside the lid.






Again I am using Australian red cedar for the wood inlay.                  



















After completing the inlay and removing the plans, allow the veneer to dry completely.



 Using scrapers, I clean up and thin the veneer.


Finish up with sandpaper.



Apply a couple of coats of oil finish.








Glue the inlaid veneer panel inside the lid.

No comments: