Saturday 30 August 2014

AUSTRALIAN MARQUETRY BOX: Post VI

The AUSTRALIA BOX: Marquetry

Saturday 30/08/2014

Another beautiful day, were off to the local Arts and craft Expo, where they tell me there is a good woodwork display.


We were early so not tomeny there, which is good when your dependent on a wheelchair to get around.


A very talented lady, Bronwyn Bodey only started wood carving two years ago.




A very talented lady, Bronwyn Bodey only started wood carving two years ago.

















These guys make me feel like a rank ameture.



I would love to try wood turning at some stage, but I'm not sure how I'd go.







































That took most of the day, but I still have a little time to go to the shed.

Trim the edges around the lid.

The next step must be completed before the hinges can be fitted.


With the marquetry glued into the lid, its time to do the trim.


First mark the inside of the lid and box, to insure all goes together in the correct place, I use chalk, because I hate sanding inside the box.



Cut strips of veneer, for the trim.


Glue into position and clamp, repeat for the lid.


Thats all, hope you enjoyed the expo, Thanks for reading the blog.

No comments: