Saturday 5 July 2014

NEW BLOG NEW PROJECT

Today I’m starting a new project along with a new blog. The plan is to make a wooden box with wood inlay on the top and sides. Each day I work on the project I will try to remember to take photos of all steps and explain what I am doing and why I am doing it.
I am not trying to teach how to make a particular item, but share what I do and hope to also learn from you. As I didn't have the opportunity of a good education, I apologize for any mistakes in spelling or grammar. (I also think the keys on my computer are labeled wrong.)




     The first step with any project, is PLANNING, something, it could be said is not one of my strong points. However as for choosing an Inlay design and the overall size of the project, it is necessary. I choose to do my design work by computer however it is just as easy (maybe easier) to use a pencil and paper.
Inlay design for box lid.

Inlay design for box sides and ends.





   

No comments: