Tuesday 9 September 2014

MARQUETRY FLOWER BOX: Post II

MARQUETRY FLOWER BOX: 

Monday 08/09/2014

Came around this morning, can't say I woke up, as I don't think I went to sleep, pouring rain, pool didn't get painted again.
Those that have the flu are on the mend, and I still haven't come down with it, don't know how to cross my fingers on a keyboard so I'll just do an "X", well its off to the shed. 


I started by choosing the veneer for the stem, securely affixing it tho the back of the panel.


Cut out the stems on the scroll saw.


And glued into position.


Then I cut the left side of each of the leaves, doing the shading as I go.



Cut, glue, clamp, and trim.




Then did the right hand side of the leaves.

It is now nearly four weeks since I have had to visit the First Aid kit for a band aid.



Just went out the back, to pump the rain water out of the pool, and sitting on the old brick pear, was Kooka, Kooka featured in the Australia Box, 


The Kookaburra, is one of the Australian icons, I've seen one catch a snake, fly about 20
-30 meters into the air and drop it, to immediately swoop down re-catch the snake and repeat the process, until the snake was dead. They also catch lizards, fly up to a tree branch, then proceed to bash the lizard to death on the branch, beautiful birds.























Slow going, cut a piece, glue it into position and wait for it to dry.





Start again tomorrow, thanks for visiting.

No comments: