Thursday 2 October 2014

PELICAN MARQUETRY BOX NO II Post V

PELICAN MARQUETRY BOX NO II Post V


Finally after fifteen months from when I first drained the pool, It is painted and the paint is curing in the beautiful weather we have had for the last week, can't wait to fill it with water and get in.







Overnight I glued the marquetry panels to the sides of the box, this is always a time consuming process as you have to wait the the glue to set.


Next I finish off the top of the box, I have left this until I completed the sides as I want the top veneer to overlap the side veneers.






 Miter the corners of the veneer, and glue into position.



Sand and trim the edges.



Can't help myself, I have to try some oil to see how it's going to look.

Cutting open the box


Put low stick tape around the top of the box.


With the marking knife set to the correct depth, scribe around the top of the box.



Then with a sharp good quality saw, cut around the box, following the ascribed line. 




Next post I will start on the marquetry for inside the lid of the box. I also hope to catch up to my self in real time.

Thanks for visiting, you con email any questions, thoughts or comments to me holmesp06@gmail.com

No comments: