Thursday 12 March 2015

MARQUETRY How it works PART V

Back to the shed, after a couple of days doing normal living things doctors, shopping etc. We had a wonderful day yesterday, having lunch with an old school mate, and his 91 year old mother, a wonderful women who has never had a bad word to say about anybody.


I have decided to go back to the original plan, for the front I have the leaves pointing outward from the centre, this is to allow for a wooden latch. On the marquetry for the back I have turned the leaves inward to allow for the wooden hinges, all going well it should work. 


I have put masking tape on the veneer for the back panel, I then using carbon paper traced the pattern onto the tape.


Using the same process I will complete the marquetry.









When I placed the veneer behind the pattern I didn't judge right, leaving a piece missing from the branch. I could just re-cut the whole piece or just cut a piece for the missing part of the branch, which is what I did.







When the marquetry is complete glue onto the box.

Tomorrow I hope to do the marquetry for the lid. Thanks for visiting the blog and if you have any questions please leave a comment or send me an email.

No comments: